Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Half a Man...

“Look around. Nothing but a bunch of no-good men who think they're the salt of the earth because of the male-female ratio in this town." (DC) "Most men today act like they're doing you a favor by even paying you attention. That's why I 'm keeping Harold for as long as he'll have me. Ain't sh*t else out here. Either way, odds are, we will all be sharing d*ck..."

"Competition is thick. If you have a man willing to make any kind of commitment to you’re ass, even if it isn’t a total commitment, you need to consider yourself lucky as sh*t. Harold may not be a super hero, but he is damn sure my superman. He might dilly and dally with some whores, but he knows who keeps the home fires burning.”


Excerpt from Total Eclipse of the Heart, by Zane



When I read this, my mouth dropped. I then put my book down and began to wonder...


Really Ladies? Is this what our reality has come down to? Half a man is better than no man?

Does sharing a man fall into the scenario of looking at the glass half full versus looking at it half empty?


I thought about my female associates and their situations and relationships. I quickly began to count on two hands the number of women I know that are very AWARE that they are sharing their mate. I’m not speaking of the women that are playing the fool and aren’t really sure (meaning they lack tangible proof of his infidelities) that their man is cheating. I’m speaking of women that know that when he leaves her, he is going back home to his girlfriend that he actually takes out in public or even worse--his wife and kids.


Guess I’m just old school or maybe I was raised with too much confidence. (Thank you mom, dad, and the rest of my family) I don't know. But CONSIDERING MYSELF LUCKY because I have a man that makes a 50% commitment to me....ummmmm….doesn't really sound like too much luck to me. To settle for anything less than a man that is willing to give me and only me his all...I'm not interested!


But that's just me...



3 comments:

  1. How does the old saying go...

    A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush. Meaning maybe it is better for a female to have 50% in her bed rather than 100% in her dreams. Women need to choose wisely. Sometimes pride will leave you awfully hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Settling for a piece of anything speaks volumes about that person’s self esteem! I'm not prideful but I am humble enough to know my own self worth. Settling for the sake of being in a relationship makes her look desperate and weak, two attributes that a “Great” man is NOT looking for! She should drop her current boyfriend and re-evaluate herself.

    ReplyDelete