Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dear Cupid






Written by Laticia King



Dear Cupid,



Not to toot my own horn or anything…but I'm a bad a** chick.

Intelligent, classy, funny, and not to mention in all the right places…a lil thick. ☺

I can hold it down in the kitchen, board, and bedroom.

A woman that takes everything in consideration, collects her thoughts and never speaks

too soon.

A strong woman that smiles when she wants to cry, laugh when she wants to scream,

So why is it that nothing but weak men try to get on my team?

And by weak, I mean

sooooo many things,

that dude that's scared to commit

And when times get rough, that lil boy that's quick to call it quits.

The guy that goes through life wishing on a star

Do you think sitting on the couch playing NBA Live is gonna get you that new car?

That dude that swears up and down "she's just my myspace friend."

Oh Word, is that why you stop approving comments and took me out your top 10? (lmao)

Come on boo, that girl isn't staring at me for nothing

That 3:00 am text she sending you means something

I say all this to say…Dear Cupid, with all the common sense and pride that I exude

Why do you keep sending me these wack a** dudes?

Ones that think just cause I might not say anything that I can't see through all his bull

I just keep it in my file, named "this stupid a** nigga -info only to be used when I'm

completely ready to act a d*mn fool."

Yeah, that's right, I will get buck on you

When you love and respect a woman, there's things you just don't do.

But I digress a little bit, let me get back to this Dear Cupid Letter.

Cupid, when it comes to me, the selection process must get better.

I appreciate that guy you sent me, the one that wasn't a male whore,

the guy that had manners and always opened my door,

that cute 6'3 dude who knew how to have fun,

oh, and not to forget the guy that…well..let's just say at the end of the night…I was done.

But seriously Cupid…the next arrow you shoot with my name on it could he please

include all that in one?

And, P.S, one more thing….could he possibly also have an exposeable income?

Regards,

-A Woman That Knows Her Worth


2 comments:

  1. No matter how many poems and letters I read it just reminds me that the more things change the more they remain the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may need to clarify that i wrote that poem. no one try to steal my writings!!! lol

    ReplyDelete